This page addresses the vision of this blog; in other words, it explains what this blog claims to do.
1. The first and foremost concept my blog emphasizes is the awareness of the fact that this whole earth is a family. This blog attempts to break the imaginary divisions that human beings have created to divide the mankind and to breed prejudice. You can see this blog as an ongoing figurative rally against prejudice. The main reason why I want to make this as a very first point is that the nature of online trolls I see on the internet reflects the view of the majority, whose thoughts are motivated by in-group out-group bias. This blog mirrors the policies of the Universal Great Brotherhood.
The Universal Great Brotherhood is a cultural, non governmental, non religious, non profit, non sectarian organization. This organization was founded in Caracas, Venezuela by Serge Raynaud de la Ferriere and registered with the United Nations DPI (Department of Public Information) in 1949 in Algiers, Africa. The Universal Brotherhood was given special accreditation for 2000 by the NGO branch of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. According to that department, special consultative status is granted to NGOs which have a special competence in, and are concerned specifically with, only a few of the fields of activity covered by the ECOSOC.
Among the many goals of the Universal Brotherhood is the establishment of Tolerance, Truth, and Peace, while recognizing that the truth is not something exclusive but that every path, religion, philosophy, culture has a part of the truth. Its objective is to bring together science, art and religion, for the purpose of intellectual improvement as well as spiritual education.
The Universal Brotherhood’s goal is to unite people who wish to work towards the transcendence of the spirit, regardless of belief, nationality, gender and economic status. This organization is non sectarian and gives classes, lectures, and workshops regarding all the different paths, religions, philosophies and cultures impartially with preference towards none.
2. This blog attempts to bridge true spirituality and science. Spiritual concepts are psychological concepts and they are based on empirical methods. Science is very close to recognizing self-realization or spiritual enlightenment as a true phenomenon. Transpersonal psychology, a sub-field of psychology is dedicated to doing research on the spiritual transformation of human beings. This blog provides necessary data which can help a psychologist who is doing research on this direction.
3. This blog attempts to resurrect and emphasise the two-fold path to self-realization. This path is recognized in Bhagavad Gita 3.3 and was also elaborated by Adhi Shankara in his Gita commentary.
4. This blog highlights love as the essence of all religions. It encourages people to drop superstitious beliefs and promotes love, acceptance and tolerance among human beings.
5. This blog affirms that ‘satguru’ or true guru is within you. It gives an outline of the spiritual path as a guide for spiritual seekers to be a light unto themselves. It echoes the Buddha’s message “appo deepo bhava”. Spiritual seekers can take advantage of The Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment.
6. This blog relies on historical method, scientific method, linguistics, anthropology and etymology for any information about ancient history or science. This blog attempts to bring the true history of spiritual enlightenment and separate it from myths.
7. This blog encourages critical thinking and helps people to see through their cognitive biases. It attempts to create awareness on topics like confirmation bias, authority bias, illusory truth effect, belief perseverance, in-group out-group bias, bandwagon effect, fundamental attribution error, self-serving bias, cultural bias and more..
8. This blog follows the following standards which are also the standards of psychology:
This blog encourages people to adopt the above standards when trying to understand the nature of one’s own mind.
9. This blog asserts that truth is the authority and authority is not the truth.
2 thoughts on “Vision”
Good vision though. But engaging with the world itself, defeats the vision statement.
Good Efforts.Do go on Sharing
Homo Sapien InBuilt Apps,( therefore not possible to uninstall)like Herd / Wanting to Be Some One or Be Part of That Big Someone etc etc, is the Big Question,in this Search and Wanting to Exorcise The Non Existent Ghost.
Yet The Longing Will have to find Its Own Whatever.
My Personal Take was that this “i” very much cried to have missed Ramana Maharishi,who didn’t have a coverage of Organisation ,therefore didn’t have to *Do things,or need support to Do Things*